Your favorite place for paper crafting to scrapbook, share and create.
YPP is the safest and happiest online network of crafters who create, share and make friends from all over the world.
Learn how to solder with these in-depth classes, taught by Tashia Boyd, exclusive to YPP
(The videos have not worked well with tablets so best to view them on a laptop or desktop computer.)
Get your supplies ready!
Supplies Needed (diagram follows)
1. COOKIE SHEET OR TRAY WITH A LIP TO HOLD THINGS FROM ROLLING, ESPECIALLY BALLS OF HOT SOLDER. NEVER SOLDER OVER YOUR LAP, SOLDER OVER YOUR TRAY!!!!!!!
2. SOLDER GUN: I USE A WELLER 100. YOU NEED A HIGH HEAT GUN TO MELT SILVERGLEEM SOLDER, VERY SHINNY (UNLEADED).
3. SOLDER GUN STAND SPONGE
4. BLOCK OF SAL AMMONIAC: THIS HELPS TIPS TO LAST LONGER AND KEEPS SOLDER CLEANER AS YOU SOLDER
5. FLUX BRUSHES OR STRAIGHT EDGE PAINT BRUSH, WHICH IS WHAT I LIKE TO USE.
6. PASTE FLUX .
7. COPPER FOIL: BLACK BACK IS STICKIEST AND WHAT YOU PROBABLY WILL BUY FOR NOW BUT THERE ARE OTHER KINDS SUCH AS SILVER BACK, AND COPPER BACK. ALL HAVE SPECIFIC USES.
8. BIG HEAVY TOWEL FROM YOUR LINEN CLOSET TO PUT OVER YOUR LAP FOR SAFETY. DON’T SOLDER IN YOUR NICKERS!
9. SAFETY GLASSES.
10. WOODEN CLOTHES PINS (A THIRD HAND).
11. RUBBER END CLAMPS.
12. JUMPS RINGS: OPEN-END…Continue
Congrats to Chauchetta Green, who won the June Swapper Giveaway (no, we aren't giving away a swapper)!!
Chauchetta will receive the Red, White & Blue card kit for her June Swap.
July Swapper Giveaway (no, we aren't giving away a swapper) will be posted on Friday.
Have Fun with your kit, Chauchetta!
Disconnected (1 online)
You are disconnected from chat. Connect to join the chat.
Sign up to chat on Your Paper Pantry.
Posted by Katie Hand on August 25, 2014